Chocolate, Bacon & Porter Muffins

There is something mysterious and alluring about Alaska. Beautiful landscapes pushing past a transcendental, white washed façade. I’ll even forgive her the birth of ignorant, poorly spoken, female politicians to glimpse the majesty of the Aurora Borealis. It just may be because of this enchanted terrain that the beer seems to have a prestigious eminence. The water is clearer and more ethereal, giving rise to a superior scaffolding for the detailed flavors put forth in Alaskan craft beer.

The Alaskan Brewing Smoked Porter has a bold, creamy, smoked profile that bridges the flavors of bacon and chocolate in these muffins. The savory sweet interplay works well for breakfast or dessert, or anytime in between.

Chocolate, Bacon & Porter Muffins

• 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 3/4 cup Smoked Porter
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
  • 3 strips of bacon, cooked, chopped
  • Preheat oven to 400.

• Preheat oven to 400.
  • In a large bowl, combine the cocoa powder, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and smoked paprika, whisk until well combined.
  • In a separate bowl, beat the egg and the oil. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the egg/oil, chocolate chips and the beer. Stir until combined.
  • Spray muffin tins with butter flavored cooking spray (or line with muffin papers). Add the batter to the muffin tins until about 2/3 full. Top with the chopped bacon, evenly distributed between the muffin tins.
  • Bake for 18-22 minutes or until the top springs back when touched.

Join me: FacebookTwitter

, , , , , , ,

12 Responses to Chocolate, Bacon & Porter Muffins

1. gerryspeirs April 27, 2012 at 6:27 am #

These sound amazing! I will be looking for these at the bake sale on Saturday :)
    Thanks..

2. gerryspeirs April 27, 2012 at 6:28 am #

These sound amazing!! I will be looking for them on Saturday at the bake sale :)
    Take care..

3. Diane Nachel Moser May 18, 2012 at 3:36 pm #

Hi! My brother wrote Beer for Dummies and Beer Across America. I sent him a link to your site and here is his response:

You actually found a beer topic/web page that I was not aware of. Neat blog…cool idea. I’ll have to spend more time tooling around The Beeroness’ site.
    Thanks for the link.
    Cheers! -Marty (Nachel)

• The Beeroness May 18, 2012 at 3:45 pm #

That just put the biggest smile on my face. Thank so much for sharing!

4. Lisa G May 31, 2012 at 4:47 pm #

Thank you so much for baking with beer! We’re entertaining a brewing tomorrow and I was asked to make a treat with beer. Thank goodness I found you!

5. PBrie June 7, 2013 at 7:51 am #

Wow. All things beer. A girl after my own heart! What oven temperature should I bake these at when I attempt to make this recipe? Thanks

• Jackie June 7, 2013 at 9:22 am #

400 ,
      Sorry, it somehow that got listed under ingredients. I’ll fix it when I get home. Thanks!

1. Homer - March 30, 2012

This was so good. My girlfriend made it for me and it was the best thing she ever made. thank you!

2. Cooking with Beer (now with 50 recipes!) « Worthy of Love - June 28, 2012

[…] Pomegranate Pumpernickel Porter Sauce Pot Roast with Beer and Onions Smoked Porter Beef Stroganoff Chocolate Bacon Porter Muffins Smoked Porter Stuffed […]

3. Cooking with Beer (now with 50 recipes!) « Something Savory - October 4, 2012