Amber Ale Beer Hot Sauce

I have an analog soul, still shooting with a film camera.

I like to read real life paper books.

I write letters with pen and paper.

I like to listen to the scratchy sound of Robert Plants voice spun out of a vinyl record.

I guess I was born too late to enjoy all the good stuff. And little by little my antiquated habits are being digitized. I own a DSLR, an iPod, an iPhone and of course, a MacBook. But I will always shoot with my medium format Yashica, and I will hold out strong with my paper words inside real life pages, and I will always say Thank You with ink and a stamp.

It’s probably my primitive spirit that draws me to beers that have been around a while, staying true to what they have always been. Full Sail Amber Ale has been a pioneer in the Craft Beer world since the 1980’s, earning the distinction of the first craft beer bottled in Oregon. And just as you should all have a fierce respect for film cameras, vinyl records and paper books, you should also put Craft Beer Pioneers among those ranks.

All Hail Full Sail.

Amber Ale Hot Sauce

2 tbs olive oil

5 red jalapenos, stems removed, chopped

2 serrano chillies, stems removed, chopped

5 cloves of garlic, minced

12 oz Amber Ale (Reccomended: Full Sail Amber)

1/2 tsp smoked paprika

1/2 tsp salt

1 tbs rice wine vinegar

1/2 tsp white sugar

In a sauce pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the jalapenos and Serrano, cook until soften, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, add the beer and then the remaining ingredients. Allow to simmer for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Add the blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Store in an air tight container in the fridge.

, , , , , , ,

9 Responses to Amber Ale Beer Hot Sauce

1. Debs @ The Spanish Wok April 6, 2012 at 4:31 pm #

This is good, I have to have some now!

2. Alyssa Cindy Brown April 8, 2012 at 5:33 pm #

These are impressive recipes, I wonder if i would be as successful as you, but I want to give it a try I love BEER!

3. Megan {Country Cleaver} April 11, 2012 at 3:06 pm #

Yeah, this popped up into my FoodGawker and I stopped as soon as I saw it and though “Hmm, I wonder if Jackie has seen this yet.” Yeah, of course you did. And I shoulda known you were the one to make it! Duh!! Clearly I need more coffee.

4. alan black April 16, 2012 at 7:46 pm #

I love your writting and your recipes

5. Charlie June 26, 2014 at 10:07 am #

Hey, this looks awesome and can’t wait to give it a go, roughly how much does it make?

Thanks

• Jackie June 26, 2014 at 10:56 am #

about 1 1/2 cups

• Charlie December 10, 2014 at 6:37 am #

That’s great, I still ahven’t got round to making this but I want to make quite a lot for christmas gifts, around 3 litres!! Is it best to simply times the recipe by say 6. I just want to double check, because I don’t want to kill anyone, ha.

Thanks!!

1. Cooking with Beer (now with 50 recipes!) « Worthy of Love - June 28, 2012

[…] Belgian Beef Beer Onion Stew Carne Asada Cheddar Ale Soup Beer & Bacon Mac and Cheese Amber Ale Beer Hot Sauce Craft Ale Risotto Honey and Amber Ale Chicken Thighs Slow Cooked Brown Ale […]

2. Cooking with Beer (now with 50 recipes!) « Something Savory - October 4, 2012