IPA Marinated Citrus Pork Chops With Peach Poblano Salsa

A really well crafted IPA is a beautiful thing,but this is the style that is most often poorly done. The art of balancing a  hop forward beer delicately with its subtle back notes is an art that only a few persistent pros seem to be able to manage. The well crafted, well balanced IPA is an incredible art, that takes the dedication of a thoughtful and persistent brewer to really ace.

I present to you Stone Ruination. It is a Masters level education on how to do the IPA right. Seek it out if you adore the Indian Pale Ale, or even if you tend to avoid it. That’s how you make an IPA.

IPA Marinated Citrus Pork Chops With Peach Poblano Salsa

For the Pork Chops:

1 cup IPA (Stone Ruination Preferred)

1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice

1 tsp salt

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 tsp agave

1/2 tsp Sriracha

4 bone-in pork chops (about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick)

3 tbs olive oil (plus additional if needed)

For the Salsa:

1 cup chopped fresh yellow peaches (about 1 large peach)

1 cup chopped red bell peppers, stem and seeds removed (about 1 medium sided pepper)

2/3 cup chopped poblano pepper, stem and seeds removed (about 1 large pepper)

2/3 cup chopped red onion (about 1/2 of 1 large onion)

1/4 cup chopped green onion

1/2 tsp salt

2 tbs IPA

1/4 tsp chili powder (add more for a spicier salsa)

In a large bowl or baking dish, combine the IPA, lemon juice, salt, agave, garlic and srirach, stir to combine. Add the pork chops, turning to coat. Place the bowl (or baking dish) in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.

Add all of the salsa ingredients to a bowl and toss to combine.

In a pan over medium high heat, add the olive oil and allow to get hot but not smoking. Add the pork chops, cooking one or two at a time, don’t crowd the pan. Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes. You want them to still have a slight hint of pink still in the center, pork chops go from undercooked to overcooked really quickly, so keep a close eye on them.

Plate, and top with salsa. You will have more than enough salsa for the chops, serve the excess in a bowl with chips.

, , , , , , , ,

16 Responses to IPA Marinated Citrus Pork Chops With Peach Poblano Salsa

1. Gerry @ Foodness Gracious June 7, 2012 at 4:52 am #

I must admit I’m not a huge IPA drinker, much prefer Hefs and Pils but this does sound good.I recently tried a Russian River sour beer and it was soooo good!

• The Beeroness June 7, 2012 at 4:57 am #

I always tend to gravitate to the malty end of the scale. I’m a sucker for a great Stout.

• Paul September 2, 2012 at 10:25 am #

Just curious, for IPA’s do you prefer the dryer west coast style which has little malt profile, or a more full bodied IPA with a significant malt presense?

• Paul September 2, 2012 at 10:47 am #

Presence*

• Jackie September 2, 2012 at 1:31 pm #

Thats hard. I’ve only recently began to love IPA’s but I’ve always been a sucker for a malty beer. I like to drink local and support local brewers so that leaves a lot of west coast IPA’s in my kitchen, but I do really love the malt and wheat styles from the east coast as well. I think I have moods for both. I also have found that several “popular” west coast IPA’s aren’t well balance, to my taste, and I really don’t get the hype. I do love a WELL dry hopped beer, but it also seems that so many people are in the Hops Arms Race to hop the crap out of a beer and lose sight of the balance that is needed with such an intense ingredient.

• Paul September 2, 2012 at 5:52 pm #

Makes sense! I used to prefer the west coast overly dry and overly bitter hop assault type IPAs with no malt flavor. Recently I’ve actually taken a liking to a lot of Midwest brewery IPAs (founder’s, bells, surly, three floyds) that do have nice malty flavors that, if done right, mix really nicely with the intense hop flavors. Anyway, I would love to send you some of my homebrews sometime! Just a way of saying thanks for all the hard work that must go into this site!

2. Ashley June 7, 2012 at 3:54 pm #

Ahh, amazing! I can’t wait to try this, with peaches coming into their glory right now. I’ve tried several of your recipes (stout cheesecake, pretzel toffee, enchiladas and mole) and loved every single one of them. So have my friends and family. You’re definitely inspiring me to seek out new brews and to try more than simply drinking them. Thank you and keep the recipes coming, please!

• The Beeroness June 7, 2012 at 5:19 pm #

Thank you so much Ashley! That totally made my day :)

3. Jeremiah June 11, 2012 at 11:05 pm #

Great recipe. I have a great, local pale ale that is peachy and grapefruity, and is begging for use. May just have to try this out. :)

• The Beeroness June 11, 2012 at 11:08 pm #

you should totally do that. And then let me know how it went.

4. Big Time August 14, 2012 at 5:22 pm #

Just made this with Three Floyd’s Zombie Dust and it turned out insanely good. I used mangos instead of peaches and also tossed some smoked paprika in the salsa which I really, really liked.

Thanks for the recipe. I will absolutely be making this again!

Picture here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27101733@N04/7784885928/

• Jackie August 14, 2012 at 5:37 pm #

That makes me so happy! I’m so glad you like it :)

5. Joe August 6, 2013 at 5:35 pm #

By far the best pork chop I’ve ever eaten, let alone cooked. I prepared this for my wife and I with some couscous. Juiciest and most tender chop ever. I added the oil to the marinade and grilled them (next time I’ll use the charcoal grill and add some cherry or apple wood smoke to match the sweetness of the salsa). Absolutely delicious!

• Jackie August 6, 2013 at 6:09 pm #

That’s awesome! Thanks Joe :)

1. Best of food and drink this week | canada.com - June 28, 2012

[…] Mojito Pops from Roost – Beet and Frisee Salad with Ripe Smoky Pistachio Dust from 5 Second Rule – IPA Marinated Citrus Pork Chops with Peach Poblano Salsa from The Beeroness – Nettle Pasta from 101 Cookbooks – Kevin Buckley’s Lemon Chili Marmalade […]

2. Good Reads | The Bake & Brew - July 3, 2012

[…] The Beeroness This lady has it going on. If you Google search “baking with beer,” you are most likely going to come across a lot of chocolate stout cupcakes and cakes. Well this lady has my utmost admiration right now, because she keeps coming out with fantastic recipes using beer that are well beyond that traditional use. For example, Strawberry Beer Sorbet and IPA Marinated Citrus Porch Chops with Peach Poblano Salsa. […]