The Dirty Girl Scout: Chocolate Mint Beer Float

This isn’t a recipe. Not really, it’s more like assembly instructions for how to make a float that tastes like a Girl Scout Thin Mint, but with beer.

Boozy, chocolatey, minty.

But there really isn’t a recipe involved. Add more ice cream if that’s what you like. Add more beer, if that suits you.

I used my homemade Chocolate Mint Stout Ice Cream & a lot of Bison Chocolate Stout.

It tastes like beer. In case you were hoping for one of those overly sweet concoctions they sell at diners.

But, more or less, this is how you do it:

Step one:

Add a few scoops of chocolate mint ice cream to the bottom of a mug.

Grab some beer, chocolate stout is preferable.

Pour beer over ice cream.

Enjoy.

, , , , , , , ,

20 Responses to The Dirty Girl Scout: Chocolate Mint Beer Float

1. Diane, A Broad September 19, 2012 at 7:38 am #

Neato. I’d only heard of the shot version before your post, with creme de menthe and chocolate sauce and whipped cream.

• Jackie September 19, 2012 at 12:57 pm #

There’s a shot? I’m so out of that loop, I don’t think I’ve had a shot in the past 5 years! I like to enjoy my liquor rather than get it down my throat as fast as possible ;)

2. claire @ the realistic nutritionist September 19, 2012 at 8:38 am #

YES. yes yes yes. yes.

3. Organic Dan September 19, 2012 at 10:39 am #

I’m with Claire, yes yes yes yes yes!!!!

Seriously, we have a kitchen at the office…. sure it has no stove and the toaster oven doesn’t work all the time…. but I’m sure we could work something out to turn you into my personal chef!

Gingerbread Ale will be ready in October, shoot me an email with your mailing address and we will get you some samples!!!

Cheers,

Dan

• Jackie September 19, 2012 at 11:19 am #

Soooo, a recipe that involves the possible use of a toaster oven, probably a fridge, maybe a microwave and definitely beer. I do love a challenge ;)

I’ve been thinking about that Gingerbread Ale! I love that stuff, I’ll start to concoct a recipe.

4. Ari @ Ari's Menu September 19, 2012 at 11:42 am #

Beer floats are basically my very favorite thing, and with mint chocolate??? Looks amaaaazing!

5. Andrew September 19, 2012 at 1:05 pm #

Ironically, this is probably healthier than the actual Thin Mint cookies, too!

• Jackie September 19, 2012 at 1:43 pm #

Haha! There certainly are fewer ingredients.

6. brandi September 19, 2012 at 1:17 pm #

i love a good beer float. adding in chocolate mint ice cream? this is, like, my dream dessert.

7. Katie @ Blonde Ambition September 19, 2012 at 5:21 pm #

Holy cow. I want one right now!

8. Amber @ Slim Pickin's Kitchen September 19, 2012 at 5:25 pm #

That has got to be the most absolutely decadent and delicious thing I have ever laid eyes upon. Will you be my new BFFE? Please and thank you ;)

9. Art September 20, 2012 at 12:22 am #

I really want to make this! But I might try it with store bough ice cream because I don’t have an ice cream maker.

10. gwen September 20, 2012 at 2:45 am #

Girls scout cookies can only be made better with beer!

11. phi September 20, 2012 at 3:43 pm #

I LOVE the name you’ve given this. I can’t drink beer so my version comes around during Christmas with hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps.

12. Alice @ Hip Foodie Mom October 19, 2012 at 1:55 pm #

Freaking love this!!! :)

13. Cynthia October 24, 2012 at 8:02 am #

I am loving these strange combos!

14. Carole February 25, 2013 at 10:30 am #

Hi there. The current Food on Friday on Carole’s Chatter is collecting links to posts about shakes and smoothies. I do hope you link this lovely one in. Please do pop back to check out some of the other links – there are a lot of good ones already. Have a great week.

1. chocolate mint beer float. | Cooking Pics - September 21, 2012

[...] chocolate mint beer float. /* [...]

2. National Chocolate Mint Day | Sassy Quest - February 19, 2013

[...] with the perfect recipe to earn a Sassy Patch in the category of Sassy Spirits (and Beers). Enjoy a Dirty Girl Scout tonight! Try not to giggle too loud. I see this winding up in my canteen on the next camping trip [...]

3. Food – Perfect Ice Cream Floats for a Perfect Summer Treat | Everything Cool - May 20, 2013

[...] Chocolate mint beer float. [...]