Ham And Beer Cheese Sandwiches

Your Holiday Ham leftovers don’t stand a chance.

Smothered in delicious beer cheese and served on a leftover dinner roll.

Ham and Beer Cheese Sandwich3

And don’t be afraid if your previous beer cheese ventures haven’t gone so well. This one is foolproof, I promise. I’ve cracked the beer cheese code. Mostly for selfish reasons. Regardless of the reason behind the failure, I hate when my recipes don’t work for you. And beer cheese, since the dawn of time, has always been difficult. Except this one. It also takes about 5 minutes, and it will work.

Ham and Beer Cheese Sandwich

1 batch Foolproof Beer Cheese

2 tbs melted butter

8 Kaiser rolls (or leftover dinner rolls)

about 2 lbs ham, sliced

1 cup arugula

2 large tomatoes, sliced (or, sliced cherry tomatoes)

Split buns or rolls, brush with melted butter. Toast lightly under a broiler or in a toaster oven.

Add ham, top with generous amounts of beer cheese sauce, and then with arugula and tomatoes.

Ham and Beer Cheese Sandwich3

8 Responses to Ham And Beer Cheese Sandwiches

1. claire @ the realistic nutritionist December 26, 2012 at 6:13 am #

This looks AMAZING!!!

2. Cassie | Bake Your Day December 26, 2012 at 9:13 am #

Totally having these for dinner tonight. We have so much ham leftover!

3. Jacky December 26, 2012 at 9:29 am #

We just decided on ham and cheese sandwiches for dinner, and then saw this, food fate. Yummmm!

4. Katie @ Blonde Ambition December 26, 2012 at 12:20 pm #

How did you know that my family has tons of ham and dinner rolls leftover? How perfect!

5. Stannie December 26, 2012 at 12:33 pm #

Oh… send me one of those… like now! looks delish

6. Gerry @ Foodness Gracious December 26, 2012 at 5:02 pm #

Sandwich..did somebody say sandwich?? I didn’t have ham this year and missed it :( your cheese sounds ridiculously awesome!

7. addie | culicurious December 28, 2012 at 3:13 pm #

This sandwich looks delicious! I’m tempted to cook a ham just to have leftovers to make these ;)

8. Walt December 31, 2012 at 5:00 am #

What’s up, just wanted to tell you, I made this and it was good. I always make beer cheese sauce and soup wrong, and it dones’t work. but this time it did.thanks