Chocolate Stout Waffle Sundae with Chocolate Stout Fudge Sauce

Chocolate Stout Waffle Sundae with Chocolate Stout Fudge Sauce5

In my world, this is dessert.

But that being said, I ate it at 3 in the afternoon (mostly because I wanted to make it for you, and I refuse to photograph using artificial light, necessitating a mid-day desert for picture taking purposes).

Breakfast in my land, is savory. Although I occasionally indulge in sugar loaded calorie bomb in the morning hours only because for some reason it’s socially acceptable, but if we step back and look at it objectively, this is dessert.

Since I put beer in your breakfast on multiple occasions (Like this, and this and don’t forget about this), I would never judge you for eating this pre-noon. BUT, it’s dessert. And it needs to be served with a stout that’s almost warm. Maybe a sipin’ stout that’s been aged in a bourbon barrel, or a smokey porter.

But it’s definitely dessert. Even if you eat it in the middle of the day.

Chocolate Stout Waffle Sundae with Chocolate Stout Fudge Sauce2

• 2/3 cup stout
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs, divided
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • Ice Cream for serving

• Add the butter, 1/2 cup stout and corn syrup to a sauce pan. Cook over medium high heat until butter has melted and the mixture has just started to boil.
  • Turn off heat and stir in 1 cup chocolate chips until completely melted. Allow to cool slightly before using.
  • Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturers specifications.
  • In a large bowl add the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt, stir.
  • In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and milk. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until melted. Stir in the beer, vegetable oil, vanilla and only the yolks of the two eggs.
  • Add the whites to separate bowl, along with the sugar. Whip with a hand mixer until soft peaks form, about 5 minutes.
  • Make a well in the dry ingredients, add the chocolate milk mixture and stir until just combined. Gently fold into the egg whites until just incorporated.
  • Cook in waffle iron according to manufacturers specifications, using butter flavored cooking spray if indicated.
  • Plate waffles, top with desired amount of ice cream, drizzle with chocolate sauce. Serve with a malty stout.

Chocolate Stout Waffle Sundae with Chocolate Stout Fudge Sauce3

, , , , , , , , , ,

33 Responses to Chocolate Stout Waffle Sundae with Chocolate Stout Fudge Sauce

1. Averie @ Averie Cooks February 20, 2013 at 3:40 am #

Yes. Chocolate & beer for breakfast. SCORE! :)

2. Samantha February 20, 2013 at 4:35 am #

Is that Old Rasputin I spy?

• Jackie February 20, 2013 at 12:25 pm #

Yep. It’s one of my favorite go-to stouts. I almost always have some in the fridge. I love the bourbon barrel aged Old Rasputin, I even converted a non-beer person with that one.

3. Cassie | Bake Your Day February 20, 2013 at 5:59 am #

Holy cow, a waffle sundae! I will eat this for breakfast, lunch, dinner AND dessert!

• Jackie February 20, 2013 at 12:26 pm #

It was so good! I was not planning to eat as much of it as I did. And the hot fudge sauce saves really well.

4. Bev @ Bev Cooks February 20, 2013 at 6:04 am #

I can’t even see straight right now.

5. claire @ the realistic nutritionist February 20, 2013 at 6:48 am #

That is ONE SEXY ass waffle.

6. Ari @ Ari's Menu February 20, 2013 at 9:51 am #

OMG. I want to wake up to this every day for the rest of my life!

7. Katie @ Blonde Ambition February 20, 2013 at 12:21 pm #

I love how wonderfully chocolatey that waffle looks! This is definitely dessert, but definitely shouldn’t only be relegated to the after-dinner hour :)

• Jackie February 20, 2013 at 12:27 pm #

I should have taken some pictures of the inside of the waffle, it was almost brownie like.

8. Michelle Collins February 20, 2013 at 12:24 pm #

I’m literally salivating all over my keyboard.

9. Gourmantine February 20, 2013 at 1:05 pm #

In my book that is suitable for just about any time of the day (or night)!

10. Karie Engels February 20, 2013 at 1:47 pm #

Decadent. delicious and not enough of it….Wow ~ I love it!

11. Jen @ Savory Simple February 20, 2013 at 2:28 pm #

um, yes.

12. Nicole @ youngbrokeandhungry February 20, 2013 at 5:37 pm #

Yes please! This is my kind of dessert! I really need to get a waffle iron so I can make these chocolate waffles.

• Jackie February 21, 2013 at 7:46 am #

I’ve only had one for about a year and I use it much more than I thought I would.

13. Megan {Country Cleaver} February 20, 2013 at 8:43 pm #

Ben just saw this and demanded this be made this weekend. Who am I to say no?!!

• Jackie February 21, 2013 at 7:45 am #

Yay! I hope you loooooove it.

14. Meagan @ Scarletta Bakes February 21, 2013 at 8:44 am #

Yessssss, please. This looks like what I need to be eating for breakfast, lunch AND dinner! Love it!

15. cakewhiz February 21, 2013 at 2:30 pm #

OMG! do you have any idea how GOOD this looks?! i want to grab that plate and run into my room and eat in peace and quiet. Clearly, i won’t be sharing either…lol

16. Allison Day February 21, 2013 at 3:08 pm #

Ooooh, chocolate waffles? With ice cream?! Yes, please. ^_^

17. Rachel @ Bakerita February 21, 2013 at 3:54 pm #

Chocolate, ice cream, and beer…for breakfast? Heck yes! This looks like perfection.

18. Kristi @ Cherry Jasmine February 21, 2013 at 7:05 pm #

Oh my… this looks dangerously delicious ~ and I can’t wait to have some! When can you deliver? :-)

19. Corra Jackson February 23, 2013 at 11:34 pm #

It’s really a great recipe. Made it yesterday and I still can’t stop thinking about it!

20. Katie February 25, 2013 at 8:34 am #

gah i love waffles!!! And I love the idea of making chocolate stout waffle sundaes!!!

21. ashley - baker by nature February 25, 2013 at 6:59 pm #

Whoa, mama!!! I’ll be dreaming of this breakfast/dessert tonight.

22. Laurie {Simply Scratch} February 26, 2013 at 10:45 am #

I’ll never look at stout the same! You are a genius!

23. amy @ fearless homemaker March 5, 2013 at 9:07 am #

Sweet fancy moses, this looks AMAZING. Now I think I’m going to need to get my hands on either a chocolate sundae or a chocolate waffle today … WANT!

24. Donna March 17, 2013 at 6:37 am #

This is simply a showstopper St. Patrick’s Day dessert….Did you use the Artisan Waffle Maker (which rotates) by Kitchen Aid?….Thanks for the tip!!

• Jackie March 17, 2013 at 3:46 pm #

I didn’t, but my waffle iron is on it’s last legs, I’ll look into that one!

1. Chocolate Stout Waffle Sundae with Chocolate Stout Fudge Sauce | leilaworldblog - February 26, 2013

[...] http://thebeeroness.com/2013/02/20/chocolate-stout-waffle-sundae-with-chocolate-stout-fudge-sauce/ This sounds and looks amazing!!! I’m on Atkins in the Induction phase, so I’ll be missing this gem for a while. But, its definitely on my to make and taste food list. [...]

2. Stout Chocolate Brownies Plus 20 More Great Stout Recipes | foodiecrush - March 12, 2013

[...] Chocolate Stout Waffle Sundae with Chocolate Stout Fudge Sauce from Jackie of The Beeroness [...]

3. St. Patrick’s Day inspired cupcakes | food flavor fascination - March 16, 2013

[...] (adapted from The Beeroness) [...]