I’ve often been accused of going overboard.
Of being one of those people who just does too much. But it’s all smoke and mirrors in a way. I’m not as organized or even as interesting as I’d like you to think. I leave dishes in the sink far too long, my pantry is a mess and I am incredibly behind on what should be common business practices.
But I always make tortillas from scratch, so that’s impressive, right? I still have to figure out how to organize my life, and I can often be a little too relaxed with the domestic chores, but I will dazzle you with soft tortillas that took way less time than you think. And the five minutes it takes to get this in your slow cooker will make you think I have this all under control.
Because taco nights and beer fixes most minor life crises.
Slow Cooker Beer Chicken Tacos with Jalapeno Slaw
For the Chicken
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- pinch cayenne
- ¾ cup pale ale
- 3 tbs tomato paste
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs* cut into bite sized pieces
- tortillas for serving
For Jalapeno Slaw
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- ½ cup red onions thinly sliced
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tbs IPA beer
- In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch, cumin, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, brown sugar, cayenne, beer and tomato paste.
- Add the chicken to a slow cooker, pour the beer mixture over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Stir at least once during cooking.
- In a small bowl gently stir together the slaw ingredients, refrigerate until chilled.
- Spoon chicken into tortillas, top with slaw.
Note: if you use chicken breasts, shred in the slow cooker with two forks and allow to sit in the slow cooker, uncovered for about 15 minutes before serving.
Copyright Ã�Â© TheBeeroness.com
I use this slow cooker (affiliate link).