There are some rules to Party Food.
Not a lot, just a few. After all, parties are about lack of restrictions. First, there needs to be a bit of portability involved. One hand, no utensils type of portability. If you’ve every tried to navigate the consumption of food that requires a knife and fork while trying to mingle, you understand the hard and fast nature of that rule.
You also need something low maintinace. Something you can set down and leave for your guests to grab, sans explanation.
Lastly (only three rules, after all, this is a party), you want something fairly quick and easy to put together. After all, you have other dishes to make, and dishes to wash, and people to mingle with.
But if you can work in beer, there are some bonus points involved.
IPA Crab Cake Sliders with Apple Daikon Slaw
For the Slaw
- ½ large honey crisp apple, cut into thin matchsticks
- 3 ounces daikon, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- 2 tbs IPA
- 1 tbs raw honey
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
For the Crab:
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tbs IPA
- ½ tsp Old Bay seasoning
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- pinch chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs IPA
- 8 wt oz lump crab meat
- 10 Slider Buns
- Whisk together the IPA, honey and mustard powder in a small bowl. Add the apples, green onions and daikon, toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the sour cream, IPA, Old Bay, onion powder, chili powder, salt, pepper, and IPA beer, stir until combined. Fold in the crabmeat.
- Spoon crab meat into slider buns, top with slaw.
Copyright Ã�Â© TheBeeroness.com