Sriracha Beer Butter Grilled Corn

Sriracha Beer Butter Grilled Corn-P

I was once invited to leave The Viper Room when the guy I’d been chatting with escalated past douche bag right up into unignorably obnoxious territory and I was sweep up in his wake. I not so subtly parted ways with him to cross the street towards The Roxy when he escalated further,”You’re leaving?! I pulled out my best stuff for you!” I had no idea that he’d been trying to get somewhere with his meaningless rambling.

Oh, you mean the uber impressive story about having lunch with Alan Thick last week? Or telling me that your ex girlfriend was a sexsomniac? Or bragging about stealing wifi from your neighbor? Because it was all gold, so clearly I have no reason to leave with this depth of conversational wealth that’s being offered to me.

Sometimes, people just try too hard when they want to impress. We can do the equivalent of Over Sharing Drunk Viper Room Guy with food. We can try too hard, do too many things, and make a mess of it all.

Keep it simple this summer, some grilled produce, good ingredients, real butter and great beer.

And save the stories of your ex-girlfriend for your guy friends and only after they’re too drunk to object.

Sriracha Beer Butter Grilled Corn

Sriracha Beer Butter Grilled Corn

• ½ cup unsalted butter, chopped into cubes
  • 3 tbs IPA beer
  • 1 tsp sriracha
  • ½ tsp garlic powder
  • ¼ tsp kosher salt
  • 4 ears fresh corn
  • 2 tbs olive oil
  • salt and pepper
  • ¼ cup chopped cilantro

• In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat the butter until light and fluffy.
  • Add the beer, sriracha, garlic and salt. Beat until well combined.
  • Add the butter to a piece of plastic wrap, roll tightly into a log. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
  • Preheat the grill.
  • Brush the corn with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  • Grill on all sides until lightly charred and tender, about 15 minutes.
  • Add the corn to pieces of aluminum foil, top with several slices of butter, sprinkle with cilantro.

Sriracha Beer Butter Grilled Corn3

, , , , , , , ,

18 Responses to Sriracha Beer Butter Grilled Corn

1. Averie @ Averie Cooks June 11, 2014 at 1:23 am #

Now THIS is some corn! Any other corn after this isn’t even worth eating! pinned

2. P~ The Saucy Southerner June 11, 2014 at 4:03 am #

That looks out of this world good! P~

3. Kristi @ Inspiration Kitchen June 11, 2014 at 6:44 am #

This looks awesome Jackie! I’m a huge fan of all the ingredients, so I know I’d love these!

4. Sophia @ NY Foodgasm June 11, 2014 at 7:13 am #

Absolutely LOVE how you segued from a man’s drunken ramblings to a drunk recipe! This looks SUPER amazing and I love that you used IPA. IPA’s are just the perfect summer choice and grilled corn has stolen my heart!!

5. Samantha June 11, 2014 at 1:02 pm #

I want to slather this butter on everything!

6. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar June 11, 2014 at 4:39 pm #

Pffff bahahaha that guy sounds like such a douche…although, I would enjoy eating a meal with him just to hear his ridiculousness. This corn!? Simple, but outrageously unique! BEER BUTTER ALWAYS! Love!

7. Luke June 11, 2014 at 7:48 pm #

Did this tonight – just on a regular oven grill pan – was insanely
    Good. Can’t even imagine how good it would be on a BBQ grill.

8. Tieghan June 11, 2014 at 8:48 pm #

I am all over this!! Yes please!

9. Heidi @foodiecrush June 12, 2014 at 2:43 pm #

It seemed like The Viper Room always pulled out the douchers, just like New Years Eve pulls out the amateurs. Super funny story. + Love your corn!

10. Ami@NaiveCookCooks June 12, 2014 at 5:12 pm #

Gosh this butter..never before heard of this combo!!

11. Rick June 13, 2014 at 8:32 am #

Did you grill the corn in the husks?

• Jackie June 13, 2014 at 8:58 am #

No, remove the husks. But if some of the stalk remains, I leave that, makes it easier to grab onto when you eat it

12. addie | culicurious June 18, 2014 at 10:15 am #

This grilled corn looks wonderful, Jackie! :) Grilled corn is my favorite part about summer.

13. Lyndsey July 13, 2014 at 3:53 pm #

This has been well received from mu family and friends. Thanks for the recipe!

14. Kim Porter August 3, 2014 at 7:09 pm #

Made this tonight…doubled the Sriracha and used an IPA from Full Sails Brewery, Hood River. So, so good! Thankful I have some leftover butter…trying it on roasted cauliflower tomorrow!

1. Weekend Reading #4 | girl+beer - June 12, 2014

[…] Beeroness | Sriracha Beer Butter Grilled Corn Jackie Dodd indulges us with another stupidly lovely sounding […]

2. Happy Friday! / Loving Lately, Volume 13 - What Dress Code? - June 13, 2014

[…] I want to be sipping this, grilling this, and baking this ASAP. Please and thank […]

3. Friday Faves and a Father’s Day Favorites Recipe Round-Up - June 15, 2014