Irish Apple Beer Cake & Craft Beers For St Patrick’s Day
Years ago I spent Saint Patrick’s day in Ireland. Stumbling around the city with rowdy locals, watching fire works burst over the River Liffey. Since that night I’ve fostered a love for Ireland, her people and her beer. There isn’t a celebration that can compare to it anywhere in the world. At it’s core it’s about patriotic pride and the joy of living in a great country.
In America, we do things a bit different. The 17th of March is more about green clothing, false proclamations of Irish heritage, food dye in pale lagers, and over consumption of both Guinness and McDonald’s Shamrock Shakes. We can do better. Just like the tradition of Corned Beef and Cabbage is more of an omage to the American-Irish than the Ireland-Irish (they never ate that), craft beer has been honoring our beer loving Irish friends for years. This year, support local craft beer, honor Ireland, and for the love of God, but down the green food dye.
Irish Inspired Craft Beers for Saint Patrick’s Day
- Michael Faricy’s Irish Stout // Arbor Brewing (Michigan)
- Irish Ale // Boulevard (Missouri)
- Irish Red // Moylan’s Brewery (California)
- Irish Death // Iron Horse Brewery (Washington)
- Irish Lager // Rogue Ales (Oregon)
- Celtic Red // Harpoon Brewery (Massachusetts)
- Irish-Style Extra Stout // Schlafly (Missouri)
- Lucky SOB Irish Red // Flying Dog (Maryland)
- The Chesty Irish Red // Legacy Brewing (California)
- Dry Irish Stout // Brooklyn Brewing (New York)