Chipotle White Ale Cranberry Sauce
This is a game changer.
It’s the “best cranberry sauce ever” for cranberry sauce people, also for I-don’t-like-that-stuff people, and even for “don’t judge, but I like the phallic looking, ridged, gelatinous, canned version, don’t hate” people.
It’s smokey, spicy, and has a slight hint of beer. A recipe that requires you to open a beer, then “figure out” what you should do with the remaining 1/2 cup.
It’s also a make ahead, one step, one pot, fifteen minute dish that makes holiday prep easy.
We can do this. We can make it through the holidays. Although we may need much more than 1/2 cup beer to helps us get that job done.
- 12 wt oz fresh cranberries
- 1 cup white ale*
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 medium sized chipotle chili in adobo, minced
- 1 tbs adobo sauce
- pinch salt
- Add all ingredients to a pot, bring to a low boil.
- Boil, stirring frequently, until thickened, about fifteen minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Can be made three days in advance.
*Use a white ale, Belgian ale, Hefeweizen, or craft cider