Beer Caramel Sauce: Jalapeno IPA Caramel
Jalapeno Beer Caramel sauce is something you could easily side-eye. I get that. What do you even do with it?! Don’t you worry, I’ve got that covered.
Not only am I hooking you up with a super easy caramel sauce recipe, I’ve also got some really easy ideas of how you’re just dying to use it (you are, trust me).
First: Grilled Pineapple with Jalapeno Beer Caramel Sauce. Didn’t I tell you? You just oohhh-ed to yourself thinking about it. But I have some more, I’ve thought about this for a bit.
- Chicken and Waffles with Jalapeno Beer Caramel Sauce
- Vanilla Ice Cream with Jalapeno Beer Caramel Sauce
- Mini Doughnuts with Jalapeno Beer Caramel Dipping Sauce (right?!)
- Sour Apples with Jalapeno Beer Caramel Dipping Sauce
You see what I’m saying? I know that at first sight it might not seem like something you’d want to make due to lack of possible uses, but there you go. Now you not only have a recipe for a quick and memorable caramel sauce, you also have recipe ideas as well as a great reason to open a beer.
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- ½ cup (4oz) IPA beer, plus 2 tablespoons (30mL)
- 2 tablespoons (28g) butter, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large jalapeno, sliced
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Add the sugar, and ½ cup beer to a pot over high heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved, then don’t stir again until the end. Swirl the pan to redistribute the sugar when necessary.
- Boil until dark amber in color, about 6 minutes, remove from heat.
- Immediately stir in the butter, salt, jalapeno, heavy cream and remaining beer (it’s best to have this all prepped and ready to go prior to this step).
- Stir until the butter has dissolved. Allow to steep for ten minutes.
- Remove the jalapenos.
- Add the sauce to an airtight container, store in the fridge until ready to use.